Wednesday 29 February 2012

I ♥ Fonts

I LOVE great fonts. So what would be cooler than a hanging a Periodic Table of Typefaces in my home office? Not much. Adding it to my birthday list now... (hint, hint)

Unlike many of the the other over-sized Periodic Table of Elements posters hanging in schools and homes around the world, this particular table lists 100 of the most influential, popular, and notorious typefaces around today.

This table presents the subject matter grouped categorically, by family and classes of typefaces: serif, sans-serif, script, humanist, slab-serif, blackletter, glyphic, display, grotesque, garalde, geometric, realist, didone, and mixed.

The best part is how the table is ranked. It was determined by statistically sorting and combining lists and opinions. Note the absence of Comic Sans, Scriptina, and Papyrus!

A wonderful resource for any graphic designer,  I'll be sure to reference this functional piece of art in my future designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment